History of Euclid Golf
The B.R. Deming Co.
Maps of Euclid Golf
Brochures and Ads
About This Site
Get the book about Euclid Golf!!
Click on the book cover below!
|This picture, dated April, 1913, shows the trolley tracks along what
would become the section of Fairmount Boulevard between Cedar Road and
Coventry Road. Only the tracks existed up until this time because John
D. Rockefeller had granted the Van Sweringen brothers a right-of-way on his
land so they could connect the Cedar Road line to their line on the section
of Fairmount Boulevard just east of Coventry Road. The open land seen
in the photo is a part of the golf links (as you can see, the golfers shared
the land with the trolley). In the distance is the old Roxboro School
building. At the time of this photo, the Euclid Club had just
disbanded and Deming had yet to build the boulevard on each side of the
tracks. The photographer is standing approximately at what would
become the location of Fairmount Blvd. and Ardleigh Drive, looking south